About Me

Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom

Thursday, February 28, 2013

2013 race schedule




It is the last day of February, and I feel like it is time to commit to some races: 

1. A flat marathon (or two?). Probably Manchester (28 Apr). But  if I continue to be as uninspired about speed training as I have been in the last few months, this may have to be postponed until the fall, in which case it would probably be Chester again (6 Oct). Overall, this is the goal that I am least fired up about right now, but this may change, as the weather gets warmer. It is still possible that I end up running both of these marathons. 

2. Local fell races (mid and North Wales). I will run a few of these, but the two that are going to be my focus are Cader Idris 10M (18 May ) and Welsh 1000m Peaks ~20M (1 Jun). I am curious to see what I can do at Cader without having run the gruelling Brecon Beacons 40-miler one or two weeks before. And as for the Welsh 1000m, I would be happy to just get to the start line and run the full course this year, but will probably give it a fair effort. 

3.  Man v Horse ~22M (8 Jun). A local classic that I am curious to try this year. 

4. Vitosha ~100K? (21 Jun). I am still not sure if I will be able to make it for this one, but it is also hard to imagine missing it.


There you have it. Not nearly as ambitious as in previous years, as far as distance is concerned, but hopefully it will be a refreshing change of pace (pun intended).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great battle plan to me, my friend!

    ReplyDelete